Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer's Cauldron




Summer is really bubbling now and I am frequently reminded of how blessed I am to live in this beautiful place. This time of year finds us full of activity; running, jumping, splashing
and shouting out into the blue sky. I think I am appreciating this particular season of sun more than ever - having just come through a typical Northwest winter with a full-speed ahead 3 year old. There are so many brilliant things to enjoy. Summer concerts in the park, putting up "Arabian" tent castles in the back yard, bowls of sweet Summer fruit to make our smiles sticky and the lovely color of my favorite Hibiscus iced tea.

Hibiscus Iced Tea:
2 parts dried Hibiscus flowers
2 parts dried Orange Rind
1 part dried Rose Hips
1 Cinnamon Stick

Place ingredients in tea strainer. Place tea strainer in a heat safe container (I use a large canning jar). Heat water as you would for tea and pour into container. Let steep for 10 min. and remove tea strainer. Let cool and store covered in refrigerator for up to one week. You can add sweetener if you like.

With the great pull of the outdoors it is tough to spend time in my basement studio designing or sewing. I am hoping to at least make some headway on Lola's new design logo with the help of the very talented Kylie. Of course we both have crazy schedules so, it could be a little while yet. I should also look into filling out this weblog with links, my profile and image organization but hark, the kiddie pool is calling!

No comments: