Monday, August 11, 2008

Where is my mind



Seems to feel a bit like the end of the Summer push these days. Trying to cram it all in and make the most of it. August is always music time, what with all the Park concerts, festivals and friends playing here and there. Then, there is my job booking a local bluegrass band, Jackstraw. This next week is going to be a big rush to book for winter and put together next year's festival packets. I'm thinking I wont have much time to spend here at the blog, nor at my other pursuits.

...and then there's the garden. August is ripening time, can't wait to pick the first tomato. We have had a few lemon cucmbers for our table recently, fantastic! The eggplant is busting out as well. What was I thinking planting a pie pumpkin in our small space? It was a whim that has taken over the yard, oh my. The Pumpkin that ate NE Portland! How many pumpkin pies can one bake? I mean you already know I love pie, but this is rediculous. I am also wondering if we will get to the blackberry jam this year, so much harvest gold, so little time.

My daughter asked me yesterday, "Mama, do you want to play The Crazy Life with me?"
I said, "I'm playing it all the time."