Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The wheels in my mind keep on turning


The weather is changing, we have had some rain and cooler temps these days. My wee summer toes are bucking closed in shoes and I am not quite ready for fall. Along with the incoming season I am having a heck of a time keeping my head straight. So many ideas keep popping into my mind that I am waking up a few times a night to sketch or jot down a note. Of course when they come - they seem absolutely brilliant but, by the time I am doing the laundry or making dinner, it hits me, "Nope, no good at all!" I say to the stir fry, "It'll never work."

I am working on things for the much hinted at Etsy endeavor, not nearly where I want to be. I look around my studio and think, 'Is that all there is?'...'then let's keep dancing.' Above is a photo of a little Day Of The Dead piece I have been messing about with. I have some more embroidery and beading to add. At first, I thought I would make a few postcard size pieces, now I'm wondering if I should work it into a larger piece. I don't know.

My schedule is about to change and my studio time will be less. I may have to take up night time coffee drinking to kick up the pace. What I should be doing is filling my freezer with stews and soups, you know, gathering for the coming winter. Ah well.

Today's odd little post was brought to you by the misty shivers that are creeping in from outdoors. Oh, just a few more days of sun please, then I promise I'll be good.

5 comments:

Fledgling said...

Skulls on the Day of the Dead, if I believe what I read on the Internet (and I believe everything on the Internet...), symbolize death AND rebirth. If I can find a segway here, the Etsy venture is in the third trimester. The baby will come when you're both good and ready. And it everything won't be perfect, but it will be beautiful.

One day at a time, journey is the destination and all that jazz ;-)

Mare said...

Yep...same thing here. I have actually had to put socks on while wearing my Berkies (don't tell my kids,,that will make them shudder!)I love your little skull! And cannot WAIT for the Etsy venture! (I keep threatening to open a shop too...I just need more hours in the day, don't you?)

Unknown said...

You'll get there, LN - you are one determined woman who finishes tons of projects!!!

Hugs,
Nancy in Iowa

diane said...

whatever you come up with will be brilliant. i can't wait for your Etsy store too. keep writing down your ideas- i had some pretty fun/crazy ones when i wore the smoking patch to bed......just sayin'.

diane said...

ps-love skullie.